After working for years as a Registered Nurse and then as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Attorney Allen decided to go to law school, obtaining her law degree from Fordham University School of Law in New York. She subseqentely moved to Georgia and spent the first several years of her legal career representing insurance companies in workers compensation and trucking litigation. Ms. Allen became frustrated, however, with the tactics used by insurance companies as they tried to take advantage of injured employees, a frustration which ultimately prompted her to leave the world of insurance defense to start her own law practice representing injured workers.
Ms. Allen's past experience as an insurance defense attorney is an asset in her representation of injured workers, as she is well versed in the strategies insurance companies and their attorneys use in defending workers' compensation claims. Her career as a nurse sets her completely apart from other worker compensation attorneys: She is especially skilled in reviewing and interpreting medical records and is quite comfortable interacting with doctors and nurses, skills which are especially important in the realm of workers' compensation. Most importantly, as a nurse, one of her greatest attributes was and remains compassion and empathy, traits which serve her well with her clients, who come to her during profoundly difficult times in their lives.
Between her nursing and legal careers, Ms. Allen has devoted her entire professional life to helping others. She is grateful to have the opportunity to fight for injured workers throughout the State of Georgia, helping them obtain the benefits they deserve.
- University of Tennessee, B.S.N., 1986
- University of Tennessee, M.S.N., 1989
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- New York, 1998
- Georgia, 2003
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, 2003
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District GA, 2003
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- American Association for Justice
- Georgia Injured Workers Advocates
- DeKalb County Bar Association